The Rio Linda/Elverta Historical Society is dedicated to achieving the following:
- Preservation of the historical heritage of the Rio Linda and Elverta areas
- Promotion of greater public awareness of the history of Rio Linda and Elverta
- Restoration of the Dry Creek Ranch House
- Establishment of a museum of Rio Linda and Elverta historical artifacts and materials in the Dry Creek Ranch house
- Restoration of early Rio Linda Fire Department fire truck No. 7.
- Working together with local organizations for the betterment of our communities.
Our members are helping us to achieve these goals by donating or loaning their personal photographs and historical items, and by volunteering their time and service. They also share their family history and information on early settlers so that our history will be more complete.
The society maintains the spectacular Pioneer Memorial Rose Garden at the Dry Creek Ranch which also serves as a beautiful background for events and weddings. It’s the perfect place to say “I Do!” or host a special event.