Elverta History

The unincorporated community was named for Elverta Dike, whose husband donated property to a local church. The Elverta/Rio Linda community is located on part of the Rancho Del Paso Mexican land grant of 1844. In 1910, a Fruit Land Company of Minneapolis acquired 12,000 acres (49┬ákm2) of the Grant and in 1912 the area was subdivided. It also runs to the Rio Linda, California Bike Path.