Rio Linda History
The Rio Linda/Elverta community is located on part of the Rancho Del Paso Mexican land grant of 1844. In 1910, a Fruit Land Company of Minneapolis acquired 12,000 acres (49 km2) of the Grant and in 1912 the area was subdivided. Renamed in 1913 to Rio Linda, it was known as 'Dry Creek Station', a flag stop for the Northern Electric Railroad. Two families settled in Rio Linda by 1912, three more arrived in 1913 and nine more in 1914. By 1918 approximately fifty families in the community, mostly of Scandinavian and German descent. By 1920 poultry farming had proved to be feasible in the area which was advertised throughout several Eastern states during the 1920s. An association was formed in 1942 as the area became well known for its excellent poultry production.