The Rio Linda/Elverta Historical Society was formed in February 1991 by a group of individuals concerned about preserving our unique history.
With the help of our community members and volunteers, we continue to gather a significant amount of historical material including vintage tractors and farm equipment, old local photographs, historical items and artifacts, news articles, historical records, individual and family histories and stories. Information is also being gathered on past and present businesses, schools, and organizations. We make new history every day!
The Rio Linda/Elverta Historical Society is dedicated to achieving the following:
- Preservation of the historical heritage of the Rio Linda and Elverta areas
- Promotion of greater public awareness of the history of Rio Linda and Elverta
- Restoration of the Dry Creek Ranch House and surrounding farm land
- Establishment and maintenance of a museum of Rio Linda and Elverta historical artifacts and materials in the Dry Creek Ranch house.
- Restoration of early Rio Linda Fire Department fire truck No. 7.
- Working together with local organizations for the betterment of our communities.
Our members are helping us to achieve these goals by donating or loaning their personal photographs and historical items, and by volunteering their time and service. They also share their family history and information on early settlers so that our history will be more complete.
The society maintains a Memorial Rose Garden at the Dry Creek Ranch which also serves as a beautiful backdrop for events and weddings.
Please join us in preserving, promoting and protecting our areas rural roots!